Be aware of these common risks when designing your site:
– Your house page will not quickly let you know what the Web site is all about. You have to be able to visit the home page of any Web site and determine what the site is about, what sort of products it sells, smkbkmk.edu.myor perhaps what it is advertising within five seconds.
– The indegent use of popup windows, splashy advertising, landing pages (pages with neat animations and appear but that you’ve to watch just for five to ten seconds before you are taken to the real Net site), and also other Web design features that draw interest far from your Web site, products, and/ or products.
– Poor Web site selection. This includes ruined hyperlinks, invisible navigation, poor wording of navigational links, links that take one to pages with no links, backlinks that take you to similar Web page, and pages without having links back in the home page (always include a link back for the home page in order that regardless of where site visitors are, they will find their way back residence! ).
— Believing that because you have a Web site, you may have a marketing campaign or overall marketing and advertising strategy. You need to understand that your Site is not your web marketing strategy. Your Web page is just a element of your overall online marketing strategy, depending on your business goals; for instance , if you have a prosperous restaurant yet want to advertise and promote your business on the internet. Creating a Web page is great, when it is not marketed and publicized, no one will ever find it. By passing out business cards with your Web site URL imprinted on them, you are using a regular marketing campaign to market your Web-site. If you provide a downloadable/ good coupon from your Web site, you are effectively using your Web site as part of your web marketing strategy to meet your main goal of increased restaurant product sales.
– Failing to attain Internet site relevance and content changing. There is nothing more dissatisfying to a Net customer than visiting an internet site that is largely out of date. Improper pricing, products no longer offered, dated content material, and old advertising all signify towards the Web site visitor that the devotion on your Web site can be suffering drastically. Cramming the pages with nonrelevant material will detract the visitor coming from getting the stage of your Web site (the five-second rule said earlier).
– Avoid a lot of text effects. Forget pulsating text, curing text, gymnastics text, or perhaps other eye-popping and wild effects, which do nothing more than annoy your web sites visitor. Do create a “loud” Web site that may contain so many blinking, flashing, twirling, and content spinning icons, textual content, or design that visitors are overcome by the effects and under-whelmed by the websites content.
– Limit the number of images on your Web page so that you can not overwhelm your web site visitors with “graphics overburden. ” Don’t use animated GIF images with your Web site. Just read was cool 10 years ago, but also in today’s specialist environment, they are simply just another “loud, ” frustrating distraction that site visitors can not want to see.
– Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating an online site with Frontpage from microsoft. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, we stand by the actual fact that it may be used to design superb Web sites.
– Don’t combine frames in to Web site style. The use of structures within a Web site will travel customers aside faster than anything!
— DO include the proper Website design elements to ensure that the Web site is able to be found by simply search engines.